Friday, February 6, 2009

A Maxwell 101

(photo: Rod is his new "WORK" clothes! He's holding his official Microsoft badge.) We did Friday school registration today. Got there at 8am, left about 2:15pm. It went relatively flawless. Rod normally works the door and calls numbers. We really missed him today because he was at his new job! We got Tami to fill his shoes, and she had big shoes to fill! She did a great job! She even thought to get out the PA system to call out numbers. (Rod & I have talked about it in the past, we didn't think we had permission to use it! - Yay, Tami!)

I took both of our monitors (19" & 22") to use so that as we are inputting kids classes and data that parents can verify and follow along as we input the info. I've been doing this the last two terms. Well, since Rod got his monitor last month, we realized that Traci could use his and do the same thing. It was instant confirmation of a great idea... SHE LOVED IT!


(Photo: Julia & Leah. Four girls played dressup while we were at Amanda's tonight. I got these two on camera. Beautiful!) What I love about helping at registration is the chance to be excited to greet each Mom as she comes through to register her kids. I love seeing their faces when I call them by name (people have told me that there's no way I know all their names, I do know most... because I've chosen to. People love to hear their names. It's Maxwell 101!) I truly believe that relationships are one of the most important things to God!!!

When you have a chance to make a first of the term impression by being excited to see someone, I really believe it makes a difference. I don't just input classes - I love on the people that I am inputting classes for. Is that hard? No. When the Lord puts you in a place that you are supposed to be, I really believe that it often comes naturally for you. For now, this is where I be!

(Photo: Julia and Jessie. Jessie tells me frequently that Julia needs a baby to play with! Love you Jess!) The boys were to go to a birthday party afterwards & Mechel took them over. Later I picked up our boys and an extra (his mom picked him up after she got off work.) Then Rod came home from work. We took the Jos & Jed over to Dana's for an overnight birthday party. On the fly - Amanda called & invited us over for pizza & salad... 5 adults & 9 kids. It was really good to get together! Although, after not seeing Rod all day, I can say that I struggled getting together with others instead of spending a quite evening together at home... The girls played dress up. You'll see Julia & Leah in the pix.

Rod brought home his laptop from work today. His boss said that he could load his Adobe software (which means he won't have to carry his laptop from home!). Our kids will be thrilled! They can use dads computer for stuff during the day. Woohoo! OR maybe I can just take my laptop down to Fry and see if they can check into a couple things for me. (bad headphone jack & my SD card reader doesn't seem to be working today - it was yesterday...)

I'm incredibly thankful for a group of friends that I enjoy getting together with. I know that they would like me to be available more on a spur of the moment basis, it just seems my life is busy and it's easier when I plan. They get me, and I'm trying to stay in touch with them on more of a day to day, phone call and check up on them basis.

(photo: Julia in her dress up tutu. Something that I would not ever have the confidence to wear. Might as well go bungee jumping!!) Then for while Rod's working, we were thinking of loading music onto his work laptop. I asked him if he'd like to use my Zune instead. All it needs is speakers (we have those if needed) and he can listen to whatever is on my Zune. There's tons of music and some books on tape too. I imagine next week he'll see if that's viable.

Rod has the weekend off. So, i'm hoping we'll have some good times together this weekend. They boys are starting to look like they need some Daddy time!

No comments: