Monday, February 2, 2009

Miss Spontaneous

You may be asking yourself *why* I have a photo of JRR Tolkien's LOTR ROTK!? I had had a set of old LOTR books on my shelf. When we had the FC Teen Christmas Party last December, we did a white elephant gift exchange.

I had found the boxed set on my shelf, minus ROTK. Because it had one missing, I thought it might be fun to give as a white elephant gift. A boy got it, Nicholas, and he was actually happy with it. I asked if I found the other book if he would want it. He said Yes. So, when I cleaned out my shelves (note below) I found it! Now, I just have to remember to get it to him. Nick, if you see this... here it is!

Grumpita. That should have been my name today: Little Grump!
For some reason, I just want to know whether or not this temp job for Rod is going to go.

Why? Because I have plans that need to be made, that should be done in a timely manner, that I cannot make. Teens from the teens group want dates. I need to know if I can go to the FCHM Leadership conference or not (working could affect whether or not He can go). I would like to know if it's going to interrupt Friday School. Will he be there for Registration or do I need a replacement helper??? Do we need to get a little commuter car with our tax return? (we do need to replace a car anyway) I'm sure I could think of a few more if I sat here long enough.

Funny thing is... I think it would be a great experience for him and honestly I would be a tad disappointed if he doesn't work for them, but all in all, I just want to know. Apparently, I'm not much of a waiter (we've been waiting for about a week). Would you like Coffee or Tea with your WHINE???

Off on another note, lately I've been working on the clutter condition of our home. The other night I totally redid our bookshelves in the living room. I moved the kid's schoolbooks so that they are easier to put away. I went through everything in all of the baskets. I put the electronics out of sight (baskets are my friend!). Now they are neat, neat, neat and I love 'em.

Tonight, I did something that I've never done. Bought one of those online programs that "supposedly" fixes your computer. My computer, whom I shall call, Miss Spontaneous (MS), has been spontaneously shutting off at odd moments. MS has been doing this for about 10 days.
(photo: Zindra's laptop, MS) At first, I just thought the battery died. What else would you think? Then it happened twice in one day. MS got SO bad that it took 2-3 times to turn her on. yah. So, Rod got to digging and found it could be registry errors. Apparently, according to my new program, I had 1700 of 'em. Paid. Fixed. Now it's wait and see if it's going to work or if I get my money back :D

Something I really am excited about - my photoshop program. I really can just scrap pages like digital scrapbooking or paper scrapbooking and use them as a base for my blog! That is just super neat! Tonight I changed my blog again! I'm really loving it! If you get this via email, take a look at my blog - you'll see what I mean! I'm sure at some point i'll get over it :D

No comments: