At 7am this morning we went to the free breakfast at Denny's with Amanda & kids, Jessie & kids & the Hill kids & our family. There were 16 of us. Four adults, 12 kids. We got there first, got a set of tables lined up. Most of us sat at 3 tables connected, and then four big kids sat at a table a bit away. It was quite a bit of fun. I've found out in the last few weeks that I really enjoy eating out with friends!
We ALL at the free grand slam breakfast. There were 16 breakfasts on one receipt, all 0.00. That was too cool. The cashier hollered at the manager "I got 16." I think they were hoping to get a large number of free meals on a receipt with nothing else on it. (We bought us three girls coffee & Rod hashbrowns = $7.50). It felt so wierd walking out of Denny's without paying paying.
Then we came home. Rod went to the store to get me something to settle my stomach and to go run a couple of errands. When he got home, I had been taking a nap and Julia was sleeping on my lap. Last night she woke up at 4:30am and coughed for over an hour. Gave her cough medicine, but it didn't really seem to stop until she fell asleep. Needless to say, 7 am came quickly!
Rod still hadn't heard from the temp company, so he gave them a call. Someone talked to him that he hasn't spoken with before. He asked what the hold up was. The temp agency has been trying to get ahold of someone at OfficeMax for a job referral... uh, he hasn't worked there in 11 years! We looked up his old managers work number and gave it to the temp agency. His old boss works at Kohls in Burlington!
Anyway, so they sent him a confirmation email. Said that he's officially hired. And - that he starts work in the morning. He has to go in to the temp agency and take in paperwork and then he heads over to the office building in Redmond where he will be working for a few months.
I feel so relieved that we actually know what's going on... and now I can make plans!
He's not going to be able to help out at registration for friday school, so we are trying to find someone to do his job. Two people have told me no... One's not going to do friday school this time, the other is just too busy. I finally called Polli and gave it to her. I have many things that I really need to get done... I don't know if I have the time to dig someone up.
So we went and got Rod a few new clothes tonight. We personally haven't bought clothes in awhile. No real need when you're not working and there's not much money. Unless it's a need, we haven't been replacing anything. While we were out, we found a sweatshirt, some cool striped green & black socks and a new pair of jeans for Josiah. Rod I think will enjoy what we got him as well. I think though, that I may be the wearer of Rod's new sweatshirt! :D
Although, I must say, when we usually go clothes shopping (I should have taken pictures...sometimes I just miss opportunities!) for work... I'm buying dress shirts and ties.. khaki pants and dress shoes. I felt like I was shopping for a Garrett's first day of school, not Rod's first day of work. Rod's been told that the dress code is hugely different than what he's used to... and we took it literally.
Then, shopped out.. we had to get home and get Josiah's History Club project done. We've been putting it off already. We officially did it on the last night at the 11th hour. We kept him up about 1.5 hours past his bed time for him to work on it and rehearse his presentation. I enjoy watching him give his presentation though. That's tomorrow at 1pm. I'm off to make Rod's lunch then off to bed!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment