Today was a day off of sorts. Didn't really have much that needed to be done. Those days are nice.
Rod had a good 2nd day at work. Strange really, him being in a completely city from where I am! I can't just go down to where he works and have lunch with him or ask him to run an errand on his lunch break. I just itch to give him a call - but don't. I hear traffic reports and they perplex me - I've never had to pay attention to those highways and roads down south when I listen to the traffic report! Until now.
Rod reminded me today that I am supposed to do something for someone to show love today (small group thing) and told me that I should call and catch up with Janet - who I wasn't able to finish a conversation with yesterday. Did that, it was a call well spent.
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much of a phone person. I wish that I had never set up the voicemail on my cell phone, because I don't like to listen to the messages. Strange I know. Probably just a personality flaw :D
Today, I spent so much time on the phone that I felt like it was glued to my ear! All my peeps should be proud! Anyway, Jessie and Janet will be.
All I wanted to do tonight was to sit on the couch with Rod. Didn't see him all day and then busy in the evening. I've been taking all of our time together for granted! Yes, I'm still being a sap and I missed him so much.
Instead of snuggling on the couch, we were supposed to meet others at EBC to prep for friday school registration. Rod met me at home and we zipped over to EBC and helped get cords and tables etc. hooked up. Also did the paperwork for the registration helpers.
I really shouldn't type long... must finish pulling computer gear and packing for friday school registration tomorrow. I take our new fangeled monitors, so that people can see what I'm typing in as I register their kids in classes. Most everyone loves it of course! I'm taking Rod's too so that Traci can use it.
With Rod working we are going to have to be on a completely different schedule. He's leaving early, tomorrow at 6:30am so that he can be there about 8:00am give or take. So I gave him a kiss and sent him to bed (much earlier than we've been going to bed for the last few months). Ya'll know I'm a night owl. Hoo Hoo!
I feel like, to some extent, we are back in the real world. We've been living in a strange fantasy world for the last 7 months. Although, it's been somewhat of a roller coaster fantasy world. Up's, down's, twist's and turn's.
This time last year, Rod had a comfy job that basically paid our bills... that was 8 minutes from home. We were settled. Now - he's going to school, on unemployment, working at Microsoft, completely unsure of where we will be this time next year or who he will be working for. Unsettled.
This time next year, He should have a couple of certificates and possibly an ATA from Skagit... but all else seems so uncertain. For now, I have a peace about it all - and there's only one place where that could come from!
Logically speaking, there's no reason I should even be sane with what we've gone through the last few months. For the first time since we've been married, I truly believe that we are honestly trusting in the Lord for many many things - income, family time, schooling as well as day to day things.
No comments:
Post a Comment