Yesterday, I got a request from my oldest - he would like his own blog. I guess you could say - where did he get that from, but well, I guess that's pretty obvious.
I told him that I would think about it. And then I realized that we could use it for a semi school project. He'll have to work on his typing skills, writing skills as well as his spelling skills. Sure son, you've just been awarded your next project!
For those of you out there who are worried parents, I get a copy of all his emails - it's how I have things set up with facebook. So, I'm planning on basically doing the same with this. I've subscribed to his blog through feedblitz.com. It will send me a copy of every blogpost he posts. That way I'll be able to keep up on content. I will also be having a conversation with him about what is okay to post, not okay to post. IE: Not okay to post: personal information on self or family or friends, his personal email address or information on situations that the whole world doesn't need to know about.
I have though, gone through the settings, so that it won't be listed in the google blog directory & it won't be searchable through the search engines. I am also an administrator on his blog - so I can easily get in and change settings if need be. All this being done, if it becomes too cumbersome or inappropriate, i'll just make it a private blog. I'm hoping that that won't be necessary!
And yes, Jos is the type of kid who will honor me in respecting my wishes concerning his blog. I think that through my public writing experiences etc that he's seen me do - that he understands that what we write out there in cyberspace matters - whether it be facebook - email - blog. So no forseen issues there!
So, here's his blog addy: www.54pitches.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment