Last night, we stayed up late once again to get Rod's work done for school. I spent time proofing papers and websites - donning some encouragement when needed. You'd think that for the last day of school - and knowing it's the last day - that somehow it would be easier... but it wasn't. Somehow, it seemed harder. The last day of the quarter - and there was so much to do. He spent almost every waking moment Sat. & Sun. in front of a computer getting his work done. He did take a break here or there, to run to the store, play with the kids and eat - but really that was about all!
I can't say enough, how proud of him I am for seeing this all the way through. When he signed up for it eons ago, at least it seems that way now... he signed up because he was struggling finding jobs to turn in for unemployment. Honest. So, he thought he would try retraining. In the midst of it, he got a job - he told the college counselor he'd like permission to do both work/school. Now, if his current job doesn't pan out, I guess he has a new skills set.
Yesterday, he got a certificate in the mail from SVC - he made the honor roll! Gosh, it's been so long (esp. with homeschooling) since I've thought about modern schooling conventions like the Honor Roll! Flashback! What was your GPA??
So, in the next few weeks, you may not catch us home in the evenings. *see Zindra doing a little jig* We have some serious summer time fun catching up to do with Dad. Boating, lake, fishing, bike rides, walks, pool time and maybe even a trip to the zoo. Hopefully, I'll have the energy for it!
Way, to go Rod! I so look forward today, to seeing you tell the kids - that you're done!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment