Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Cakemaker's Wife Got Strawberry Shortcake

Today is my birthday! Or it was before Midnight. And I had a sincerely wonderful day. I was up early with Rod & the kids before Rod went to work. Some days he leaves pretty early & none of us are up. Sad but true. Today though, after we were all up & Rod was checking to make sure that the last of his school stuff actually did get turned in - we discussed that it was my birthday.

I was just going to have Rod take me out for dinner & a movie. It's been such a long time since we've done either. I guess it's not been forever. We did see Star Trek in the theatre (but it was about 7 months since we'd seen one before that) and we also went to Azteca down by where he works a couple of months ago... Really, we just haven't had any time to do anything together since summer quarter started. So that was my wish to go to dinner & a movie.

Well, we told Jed that we weren't doing a party for mom and he sprouted tears. Real tears! He wanted to celebrate my birthday with a party! Bless his heart! So within 30 seconds, our plans for the evening changed. Once I saw his heart and how real he meant it - we made arrangements.

Funny as it sounds, by the time my birthday comes, I'm done with eating cake :D So what we did do, was dinner, gifts, strawberry shortcake & ice cream out at my parents. Yep, the cakemaker's wife got strawberry shortcake! (bet that would be a cute cake though!) On kinda short notice. Too funny, eh? Then Rod & I went to a well deserved movie!!!

The kids today, were absolutely adorable. The gifts that Rod & the kids bought, the kids wrapped. And then they made me wonderful pictures and cards. All of their heart felt hand made goodies really did touch my heart. Josiah took charge and made sure that they each made me something and that they signed their cards. They took the time, made the effort to do a good job and they were excited about doing it. What more could you really ask? Our kids really did make me feel good today. loved. appreciated. very sweet. This was a birthday that I will always cherish!

PS: Thanks to all of my facebook friends & their well wishes. (Anyone who says FB isn't good for much of anything, obviously hasn't had a birthday while being a member of Facebook!)

No comments: