Thursday, February 19, 2009

That Was Relatively Easy

(Josiah at Granddad's Greenhouse, Feb 2009)

Mom called and asked if Dad's helpers were coming out to help with the greenhouse again today. So I arranged to take the kids out - so Josiah could help. Mom said she'd watch the kids so that I could run my errands. So I guess the kid's schooling today was helping out at Grandma & Granddads (that's two days in a row!).

Since we got Rod's car yesterday, I took it over to the insurance company to get insurance put on it. Other times, they've come out & looked at the car. They didn't today. That was relatively easy.

Took the papers that I needed to copy at EBC over to the church and asked if I could use the copy machine... they have been known to say no - my back up plan was to use the upstairs copy machine if I needed to. The receptionist let me. That was relatively easy.

Went over to Lowe's to get duplicate keys made for the Saturn. For some reason, one key, just didn't sit well with me. I got duplicates made for it & the caravan. Even that was relatively easy!

Dropped by Janet's, of course, when I do decide to stop by she wasn't home....

Went out and picked up the kids - came home and put lasagna in the oven - waited for Rod to get home.

(photo: Mom, Jed & Julia, Feb 2009)

Rod got home & we realized that we realllly need to finish up our Friday School plans for classes. So we went to walmart to get a few class supplies. Came home, put the kids to bed and work on friday school prep. While I was busy, Rod got an assignment done.

In Chess class, Rod does a chess tournament. I got a program online, that helps you set up your Round Robin schedule. I'd forgotten how long it takes to set up three round robins! Nine kids in each round robin, 27 kids total in class.

Rod finally got his highest enrollment ever, in Techno-Sketching - he's got 31 students! Good thing he's got good help! (Amy & Trevor are fantastic. I'm still the Barista in Coffee Corner.)

I'm seriously hoping that we find the time for him to finish up this quarter!!! There just isn't enough time in the day! Although, I really want him to finish, it must be that "finish what you've started" saying that's been stuck in my head all these years - that I work so hard on with my kids... it's coming back to haunt me! College too, eventually shall pass :D

No comments: