Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another New Camera

Today, I spent the morning dealing with Friday school issues that I found particularly irritating. I'll spare the details.

Josiah & Jedediah stayed the night at my parents last night so that today they could go to Snohomish to pick up plastic for my dad's warehouse from a greenhouse wholesaler. They had a fantastic time of course. My dad has arranged with a local retailer, to have the boys grow and sell vegetable plant starts, and then wholesale them to the retailer.

Since they have moved further back on their property, my dad has yet to get his greenhouse reestablished. He's got it moved, and it looks like we'll be helping put on the plastic on Saturday morning.

Then my dad is going to be working with the boys, as a homeschool project, to help them learn to grow starts - and then they get experience in delivering and selling their "products." I thought it was a fantastic idea from the start! What a great experience. Feeling quite blessed that my dad wants to take an active role in the boy's "homeschooling."

Rod went to look at another car today after work. I guess the guys at the car lot thought he wasn't coming, because it was closed when he got there.

(H7 Lowlight pic)I took some time today and looked at cameras online. Found that they have a Sony A350 at the Northgate best buy... so instead of buying a car, he bought a camera. They don't carry them in the stores north of Seattle!

(A350 lowlight) Tonight we got the D90 back into it's box, nicely done, I might add. That was a feat unto itself. We sat around and took pictures with our H7 and compared it to our A350. From reviews I read, the A350 has issues with low light. Our H7 did for sure, which was one of the reasons we were looking for a new one in the first place. As far as we can tell the A350 has truer colors in lowlight (w/o flash) as well as it's somewhat clearer.

There were so many things that I like about it... the Live View, acts like a click & shoot live view.. but it's so entirely faster. I will really like that. The lens caps fit on whichever lens - not specific to one lens. (Silly enough, but it was really irritating with the D90).

I think the biggest change, besides the actual size of the lens on the DSLR will be the transferring of photos. I'm used to inserting my card into my laptop. I'm going to have to use the transfer cable. It uses a media card instead of a SD card.

The place I like to take digital scrapbooking classes online, is having a DSLR class here soon and Rod said I can take it. Registration is Monday, and I can hardly wait!

No comments: