(Click on pix to blow them up.) We've been doing a few different things lately in our homeschooling. Normally, I have several things that I like to have the kids do almost every weekday. Since i've been on the review crew for TOS, we are struggling to get both the TOS stuff done as well as our normal school routine. So I think i'm going to be bumping some of our bookwork to give the review things a try. The day before yesterday, we got a book & program... Logo Adventures by Motherboard books. It's about teaching the 8 to 12 year old basic programming. Wow, that's something that I really think would be good for the kids to learn! So excited about getting that product. Will let you know how it goes about review time.
Another one that i'm doing a review on, is Spears Art. So far so good. The pictures above in pumpkin art are both from their materials. What I really like about having the kids do projects, is how much fun it is to do the same project... It really shows the differences in their learning styles or personalities. I definitely enjoyed watching them do this one.
The first project (picture on right), was color the pumpkin orange & green, then draw different shapes in each slice of the pumpkin, then cut the pumpkin out & cut it up in slices & put it back together like a puzzle. Glue on construction paper. Loved from my 3 year old to my 10 year old.
The bean pumpkin project was a take off of another Spears Art project. Julia colored & cut three pumpkins. She still wanted to do another one while the boys were finishing up. So I had remembered that there was a bean project in their Art kit, and that I had beans in the pantry. Hence, she began and Jaden & Jedediah followed. We had just enough beans out of the 16 bean bag to do their three projects. They are elmer glued on. Josiah hadn't gotten in his 30 min of reading today, so he had to be "responsible" and read instead of glue beans. The kids were so proud!
Didn't they turn out good?
No comments:
Post a Comment