Sunday, July 17, 2011

All Stars - Game 4 - SSLL vs. South Whidbey

 Click HERE to see the article at goskagit.com.  (Picture of Colby the pitcher, Rylan & Josiah, the two that were batted in - for the games only 2 points.  7/14/11.  Photo is from goskagit.com article)

(Josiah Nelson, 7/14/11, by Rod Nelson.)
Tonight's game was South Skagit vs. South Whidbey.  I'm kinda bummed that they lost tonight's game 4-2.  It just seemed like for both sides, that the game never really got going.  Colby H., our pitcher did a good job of pitching - but the hitting just wasn't backing him up.  The teams though, did seem pretty evenly matched.

I've watched many All Stars games in the last four years.  I always wonder.. you know after they get a couple of wins under their belts.. do the boys get cocky?  overly confident?  Somehow tonight, like other similar occasions, they just seemed to have lost their edge.  I guess they needed a wake up call.

(Josiah & Rylan after getting batted in.  7/14/11.  By Rod Nelson.)
Colby B. got a great hit... he got a double - Josiah & Rylan scored.  That seemed to be the big play of the game.

Josiah came in for the last inning as the closing pitcher because Colby H. had hit his pitch count.  Josiah had three strike out's and then a kid hit one & was out at first.  I love those innings!  It just looks clean and feels great!

(Josiah Nelson, 7/14/11 by Rod Nelson.)  The Skagit Valley Herald finally showed up to a game we all noticed tonight.  I guess a couple of people complained to the herald, and tonight someone shows up with too big of a camera to be anything else!  For some reason, they don't seem to cover many LL games.. and I don't understand why.

(Josiah Nelson, 7/14/11 by Rod Nelson)
So where does it go from here?  Well, now that SSLL and S. Whidbey have both lost once... they play tomorrow to determine the actual winner.  Someone has to lose twice to be officially out of the tournament.  I'm hoping tomorrow that our pitchers pitch and our batters bring their bats to the game!

See the stats at gamechanger HERE.

I have a video of when Josiah & Rylan scored.. that I will get uploaded to post here soon!

Fun fact #4:  Josiah bats left & pitches right.

No comments: