Friday, March 6, 2009

Two Little Pink Lines

(Photo: my favorite pair of Julia's shoes) We are going to be adding another pair of shoes to the family! We found out Monday night that - drumroll please - I am pregnant!

We're not entirely a surprised :D We're calling this one our Valentine's Day baby. Maybe that's TMI? Yes, this is something that I want - and I'm excited about it. No, I don't have a problem with the fact that it will be baby number 5.

This is actually my 6th pregnancy. Can't believe that I've been pregnant 6 times!!! Well, I mean I can, it just seems like MANY times. In between Josiah & Jedediah, I miscarried about 12 weeks. That was a tough time for me.

Rod asked when I wanted to announce it. I told him, right away. Get everyone over the shock and on with it! The reason I didn't tell everyone right away, is that we had to tell a few people first - family and my people - you know the people who you depend on who if they heard something through the grapevine - that they would be offended that you didn't take the time to call them specifically. What I didn't realize is that this time around, that I have many "people." Love you guys.

With family, many are on facebook. Uh - not going to announce it without letting them know first, they might get *mad* at us! Trying to wait to tell the world, until we've notified the fam. Love you too!

Today, I had a bad day. Or it begun that way and I planned to live in the mire of it. Apparently God had different plans. After I showered, I was so literally upset. Janet called. Not the type of mood where I answer the phone. I knew I was bad enough that I needed to talk to her.

One reason I was upset, was that even though I was upset, I needed to go over to EBC to make copies. Today. Friday school is tomorrow, and I need to have it printed for tomorrow. And I knew I didn't feel like schlepping the kids over there to copy in the mood I was in.

Janet & I talked for quite some time. She told me that she would come over & watch the kids while I went & made copies. So, after copies she stayed at my house & we chatted. Then Christina stopped by to say that dinner for tonight was off, Joy has a fever. Julia and Joy are good playmates then we'd get sick for sure. Reschedule for next week. Christina, Janet & I had the chance to talk about Running Start & teens - in general. Christina & Bobby left.

I talked Janet into a run for an espresso - where we got the chance to talk without our kids listening. God's at work and it's a good thing. Janet stayed til 4:30 when she had to go pick up Daniel from work.

Dad called, Garden Club was tonight & he was calling to make arrangements to pick up the boys. They are card carrying members. Proud to be in with their Granddad. So adorable. Anyway, since dinner is canceled, I made arrangements for them to go. While on the phone, I was telling him about the Souths and the fact we were supposed to go over there for dinner. Then I explained that they have 6 kids - 5 are theirs (2 bio, 3 adopted) and one foster who they are planning on adopting later this year. He said, "Are you planning on catching up with them??!!" Oh my gosh, we both laughed.

My parents seem to be genuninely glad - okay with the whole baby thing. I'm glad. They are one set of people who that I genuninely care about what they think. Even if they didn't, in time, they would get over it!

Dad then showed up about 5pm to trim my apple tree & we sat & talked for a half hour or so. So - I started the day off badly & had three guests in my house (plus three kids!). God has a sense of humor! Why is it that you cannot stay in a bad mood when you have company? True for me anyway.

I was reminded of a friend today who's husband is self employed & they are having a tough time. Something in my spirit told me that we needed to do something nice for them. The dust hasn't settled really since Rod's started his temp job - but we've been there - lived it. Friends were there for us - I really feel the need to be there for others. Instead of doing what "we were supposed" to do, we did what "was right to do." Taking my eyes off of our issues and putting them on others. It was very good.

Doctor's apt. on Monday - when I'll get a due date. As far as I can tell, it should be early November - late October. Will have em at the Skagit Valley Medical Center.

Know of ANOTHER good "J" name? And No - we probably won't find out what it is... it will either be a boy or a girl.

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Congratulations! That is super exciting [smile].

~Luke