My digital scrapbooking classes that I've signed up for have finally started! Yay! Not that I've had time in the last couple of days since they've been posted to work on them. First, I had to finish the FCHM ezine (which I just finished) and now I need to finish up our homeschool co-ops paper newsletter.
This month, I added two pages, because that's how many I can get away with adding without adding to the postage. One page is on homeschool testing - and our many options. The other page is on info for our First Class Skagit County Yearbook that quite a few people have diligently been working on. I helped collect pictures by email, if that counts :D
I haven't yet though, had inspiration to write the cover article. Maybe that will come tomorrow - then I can work on my two classes. My first class is an advanced Digital Scrapbooking class. The second, and probably more important at this point, is called OH SHOOT! It's a class where I will be able to learn the in's and out's of shutter speeds, aperture, what f/stop means, etc. all related to DSLRs! Good timing on that one, I think!
This weekend we are planning on going to a concert, driving to Portland to the FCHM retreat. FCHM has some exciting news! US Digital is giving them FREE space of conference rooms, copiers, etc... they have space & they wanted to give christian non profits a place to BE! What an answer to prayer! You can read all about it in the Ezine by clicking HERE.
Saturday night, Rod, Christina and I took 17 First Class Teens Ice Skating. (Uptains - I heard you were supposed to be there... WHERE WERE YOU???!!!) We had a terrific time of course. No one made fun of the fact that I hurt myself so badly last time. Up until we actually got to the rink - I wasn't afraid of skating AT ALL. But, once I got on the rink - I was extremely insecure. After some time, I mellowed out and began to enjoy myself.
I really enjoy the time we have with others when we do things like take the teens ice skating. Rod & I often chat about how exciting it was to get one on one time, with different kids. I got to catch up with Christina too. It feels like it's been awhile since we've chatted - I guess it's been about a month! Gotta do better there!
A couple of the teens and I decided that our next *thing* is going to be a Lord of the Rings, extended version, all three movies, marathon. I talked to the Mom where we are going to do it (they have a large screen tv). We have yet to pick a date though! That's going to be a fun, long, snack-filled, whole - day!
At the moment, the crickets that we bought to feed to Oscar, are sitting in their baggie on top of the fish tank, cricketing. Or whatever it's called that crickets do to sing. Rod says it's to attract a mate. Is it? It makes me feel like I'm outside at my parents house - which is the only place I normally ever hear them sing♪.
No comments:
Post a Comment