Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just Three More Days...

(Heidi, showing a lapbook)
Here we are at the end of another week. Rod hasn't worked a typical work week since we were married. It's odd for me for him to work m-f and take sat/sun off. I'm hoping at some point I'll adjust. With my luck, I'll finally have it figured out & his job will change. Seems like just about the time you are comfortable with something - something else comes along to challenge your comfort. In many ways that's a good thing, right?

Thursday night Heidi St. John did a lapbooking/notebooking workshop for those of us in Mt. Vernon. Wow, there were many homeschooling moms in our area that I haven't met before. That was fun & educational. Heidi has the gift for speaking - she's relatable & funny.

Josiah found out at his first practice Thursday who his coach for this year will be. Let's just say, that I was not happy. I emailed the president of the LL assoc & asked for him to be switched to another team. Josiah hasn't had him per se, but we saw this coach at games last year. Although, this coach - his team won every game against Josiah's team last year - I seem to remember some cursing, a lot of yelling and a few unacceptable stolen bases. And I'm being kind. So, Lord willing he'll get switched!

Earlier Thursday, I went to make copies for Rod's Friday school class. Speaking of churches, I want to go to a church that believes in being ministry minded - not that they can't have their financial ducks in a row... but that people are what's really important. I suppose that's one reason why Rod & I aren't "planted".

We are working on that though. Rod has one friend (you know who you are!) who calls every week and finds an excuse for us to meet them at church. And they are sincerely valid reasons. I'm wondering if he'll at some point run out - then again, probably not! Especially, if that's where the Lord wants us :D

We know so many people from so many churches, and we are trying to figure out where we are supposed to be. No matter where we are, we find people we know. People from different churches want us to go to their church. We just really need the Lord to speak to us and pinpoint a specific one.... I guess I'll have to add that to my prayer list. I made one recently, and I really need to spend more time in prayer! There are so many needs around me!

Today I found out that a friend of mine, her dad, has brain cancer. A couple of my young adult years, I spent growing up in and around her family. Though I haven't seen her dad for quite a few years, this news greatly saddened me. I sat & cried. As I'm sitting here, I have tears in my eyes. I love this family. I ache for their struggle. Yet, there is hope that God will do great things in this situation - and I sincerely hope He does.

On a happier note, Jedediah has become good friends with Spencer SJ. This last summer we traveled down to their home a few different times. I realized today that their four younger kids are all about the same ages as our four kids. I love their two older teen girls. Anyhoo, while at lapbooking thurs. night, I asked Spencer if they were coming to Friday school - and he said they were. And that he wanted to surprise Jed. I found out that Friday was his birthday. B'c him & Jed are friends, I asked what they were doing for his birthday. He said maybe going to Jungle Playland. I told him & Heidi, that if they'd like company, I'd bring Jed & maybe the rest of my kids.

So the highlight of my day, was spending a couple hours, for Spencer's birthday at Chuck E Cheese (J. Playland was full) with the SJ's. Our kids got to play together, my kids got to do something we haven't done since Rod has been unemployed, I got to continue to build a relationship with a couple of people that I deeply care about and we blessed all of the kids by sharing our tokens & giving all of the tickets to the birthday boy. Happy Birthday Spencer!

Rod's only got a few days left of Winter quarter at Skagit, then he'll have a couple of weeks off for Spring Break. Rod's got two final projects completed & emailed in. He's got one final project left, one test and one final test. It's due Monday at noon. It's do-able, I just hope it all gets done without too much stress. Just three more days...

No comments: