Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Now, I'm Twirling!

(photo: me & Jess, Friday school, April 2008)

My dear friend Jessie, suckered me in to one more thing! Well, at least that's what I tell her. I've heard about Beth Moore bible studies for quite some time. Haven't ever done one. Well, she told me this last weekend about one that is on Tues. nights. I told her I'd talk to Rod about it..

Rod and I agreed that I should go. 1st- I would like to take it. 2nd- There's child care. 3rd- He can do homework for those two hours uninterrupted, and hopefully take some time off of the homework he's going to need to get done on the weekends - giving us more family time. I think it's a 10 week series.

A few months ago (even a couple of weeks ago) I wouldn't have ever imagined myself in the situation that we are in! Job change? Rod in School? Rod commuting? None of those were options! Somehow, through God's grace, we are doing fine!

What I didn't know, is that I am in for some homework myself. 2-3 hours of homework a week. It'll be good though, I've needed some motivation to really get back into God's word.

Rod got home from work, we ate dinner and then WE left without him. I got teary eyed. Then I go to bible study and tell one of my best friends (who's husband has been deployed for a few months) that I really miss Rod and I can't believe I *volunteered* to be gone while he's at home!

She's so kind and understanding. She's says when Nick's been home for while - and then goes back to work it's a hard transition for her too. I'm SO COMPLETELY thankful that she's not judgemental. She could have been if she wanted to. Don't get me wrong, i'm not being a cry baby, and I haven't complained even once to Rod... Even you'd be proud of me!

Tonight, I need to look through the info for tomorrow night's small group. A year or so ago, we found out what a blessing it is to have a family night at church that includes dinner. Tomorrow nights small group is just that - it's for the whole family, has dinner, bible study and fellowship!

I'll end with something "super cute" from today. Awhile before we were ready to go to Bible study, I had gotten Julia's tights on, she was wearing a dress. A little while later, I asked her to get her shoes on. Her exact answer to me was, "Not now, I'm twirling!" Standing in the middle of the kitchen floor twirling. She's such a girl, and i'm glad!

No comments: