It seems like preparing for Christmas takes SO much work, that they day after I don't know what to do with myself. I noticed this a couple of years ago. So, since i've worked so hard the last few months on planning and preparing, I decided to give myself the day off. It was mostly a leisurely day.
Rod and Dad and Zane and Josiah drove Garrett down to visit his dad. He was supposed to go about a week ago, but the weather has been preventing that. Zane came to town with Shannon on Christmas Eve. We spent a few hours Christmas Day with them. On Christmas, Dad called Thea, and they all gave the green light for Garrett to visit. It's a good thing, Garrett's been chomping at the bit on this visit. He doesn't like to get stuck at home in the first place, and the only day he left home during this bad weather was when Rod & Garrett went to the movies for Garrett's birthday.
I spent quite a bit of time today working on my laptop with my new external hard drive. It's a 250G drive that's USB powered. I found out quickly with my other external hard drives that they don't travel well and they don't move from my desk to the couch without a hassel. I requested a USB harddrive for scrapbooking for Christmas. First, my computer didn't like it. It took like 2 hours to get it to transfer my photos over. And, cough, I have 47,000 photos. So, I transfer them a year at a time. It takes about an hour per year. I've been transferring pix for the last four hours and I only have ONE more to go! Woohooooo!
My "goal" is to be able to sit on the couch with my feet on the coffee table and scrapbook. It feels like this has been in the works FOREVER, but it looks like i'll finally be getting there.
Josiah got Call of Duty for the 360 for Christmas and he's been itching to play it. So him & dad are doing that now. We let him stay up sometimes and play games that aren't as appropriate for the younger kids to play. Funny, Rod's actually taking a nap while Josiah plays!
With us being home so much the last 14 days of snow (today being the first sort of normal day) that I would have blogged more. The kids have had some great fun.. i'll have to post the pictures. I put a bunch on our facebook. For the first time I remember we actually had a white Christmas. It actually snowed on Christmas Day 2008. This december will definately be one that we rememeber!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment