Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Letter via Blog

This year, we have SO many people that I wanted to send a Christmas card to. I could probably send out 200 if I really wanted to. That's just not fiscally possible. SO, I sent out about 40 to the people that I knew would enjoy getting them. Handmade and cute! Then I typed out an insertion letter. The same one basically that's on my blog.

Then I got a cute letter from the St. Johns via email. I thought i'd try putting up the note I mailed out via email. I put out newsletters, I could put a pdf out on the Nelsons for sure!

Well, it was just too big. It was bouncing back! I decided to try putting the letter up on my blog and then emailing the link out. Then everyone could read it! So, it seems that I put quite a bit of time into transforming a note to a cool letter & then uploading it and emailing.

But I learned something, and that was what is the most important thing, sending out a link is much easier than attachments! The recipients had NO downloading to do. Which just in and of itself has to make life easier!

So, next year, i'm sure you'll get a link from the Nelsons about Christmas time again! Merry Christmas!!

No comments: