Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Grocery Fairy Came to Our House!!!

With Rod not working, just going to school full time, it's put our finances in an interesting situation. Honestly, I try day to day to reassure myself that I really do know that the Lord will take care of our NEEDS. It's a tough day when you have to decide to pay your power bill when your cupboards are empty.

Rod is currently getting unemployment checks while going to school.... which is lots less than he used to make. Funny, before when he had a "good" job, I used to say that we were "scraping by." I think I was wrong. Things are much harder now.... maybe it's more difficult because we don't see the end. At least hard times with a job you could hope that it would be better after the next paycheck or next month or in a few months. Right now, it's so up in the air that we are just hoping that we get our rent paid. Literally.

A few days ago, I mentioned this to a friend. Not in a complaining manner (or at least I hope not) but that it is such a struggle. Personally, i'm trying to find a way to deal with the struggle. Rod and I really do believe that the Lord has asked us to do certain things right now in our lives.... That if He really wants us to continue to do what we are doing, that He WILL provide. Although there are plenty of days where I can't seem to remember this at all... there are others where I really can see His provision, right up close & personal!

Today was one of those days! The Grocery Fairy came to my house!!!

My friend who I had spoke with a few days before, contacted us, and they (she & her husband) decided to bless our family with groceries! Woohoo! (First off I couldn't believe they would do that for us... but they are friends & isn't that what friends (and family) should be for?) They were so gracious.... letting us know that it blesses them to bless us. It really touched my heart! We all felt so blessed... a couple of whole chickens, fish, cereal, milk, canned corn, canned beans, mac & cheese, spaghetti noodles & fixings, grapes, fixings for a homemade soup and many, many other items!

We've given to others.... And I know how heart warming it can be to give a gift in love. But I haven't had to be the person on the receiving end in a very long time. Very humbling... Yet it felt so good to know that someone cares.

It feels like God is letting us know that he will walk with us a little further... He will provide. My Thanks - Thank you Lord for providing for our family in our time of need. Thank you for our good friends who walk with us and who show us your love in our day to day lives. Thank you for sending us the Grocery Fairy!

No comments: