Saturday, February 27, 2010

Baby and Bunnies

I'm up early once again. I've been up a good portion of the night. Braxton Hicks contractions are making it uncomfortable to sleep. Blah. 7 weeks to go - still too early to deliver. Hopefully, I won't need to stand on my head in order to keep this baby in :D There's more to this story, but i'm not feeling like posting it at the moment... I had an ultrasound last week and all looks good.

Yesterday was our second day of Friday School. I'm always amazed at how nice it really is to see so many of our friends on Fridays. It's a tremendous blessing. And then with everything going on with many of my friends... miscarriage, cancer, another cancer, unemployment all around, a friend lost a parent unexpectedly... I am reminded of my place in the world.

Rod being on unemployment is stressful - but it's not one of the issues that is a matter of life or death. I've found one of the blessings in helping others, caring for others, is that is a distraction from the stuff going on in your own life. I guess that can be good and or bad. I also think that it's good for ones heart!

I'm also amazed at how busy we've been! Rod's been on unemployment about 3 weeks, so honestly, shouldn't we be sitting at home with nothing to do? Oh contrare! Seems like we've been so busy we haven't been able to sit down. Well, for Rod anyway. I've had bouts with being tired... (having this stuff in the middle of the night doesn't help with not taking daytime naps!)

Oh, and for the kids, today was an important day... Josiah wants to breed rabbits or some amimal. Bunnies or birds. Whatever. Over Christmas we got a bunny to replace the one that died in Oct or Nov. The kids are super about taking care of the new one.

Well, a friend of ours who has bunnies was getting rid of some of them today & brought a few to Friday School. Well, I told her that I would be interested in taking one... and then Jedediah set his heart on a different one. So, I caved, and we brought home the one he wanted - an adorable tan little bunny. He was so upset when our Easter bunny died - that when I saw him so excited about picking one out, I couldn't resist letting him do so. I don't know what his name is going to be, but he is a boy. It looks like in the next week or so - we'll be building a real bunny hutch for our bunnies!!

No comments: