Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Decade!

(Josiah, Rod & Jaden, at Michaels, while picking out a picture frame to put the painting in - the one that he gave Grandma for Christmas. Dec 2009)

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. Happy New Decade. I'll have to post my Christmas card here sometime soon. We had a very nice Christmas & New Year. It's great to spend time with family & friends and catch up on all of the latest. I thought that I would be blogging a lot more often because I'm pregnant - I just have been keeping busy - and staying off of the computer...

Lots has been going on at the Nelsons. I'm 27 weeks pregnant. Can't believe I'm so far along already. It's going to be over before I know it! I guess though, that that would be a good thing. Had an apt. about a week ago - things are status quo - and I will have another apt in about 3 weeks. Boy, I'm starting finally feel big around the middle!

Rod's waiting to hear at work whether or not they are going to extend his contact or not, and if so - for how long. We hear that contract extensions, past one year, do not ever happen - but I guess there are a couple of people who'd like him to stick around. So we'll see where that goes. Either way, I'm okay - I would just like to know. I guess in theory, he should be looking for another job - right now - in case they don't extend his contract. That or he goes back on unemployment. As of right now, he will be done at Microsoft the first week of February. Uh, that's only 3 weeks away! I would like to be able to plan things one way or another... and that's the part that "gets" me.

On a sweet note - not too long ago, someone gave us a birdcage. Well, an empty birdcage screams - BUY A BIRD! So we've been "shopping" for one for a couple of weeks. New Year's Eve we finally went and bought a beautiful little blue Love Bird. Adorable little one. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl - so i've been having a terrible time giving it a name. Right now, the kids are calling him tweety. Which works for me I guess. He's only 4 months old - so we've been working with him this week on many things - but we've all been enjoying him tremendously. I had a cockatiel when I was preteen - and I'd forgotten how much I really know about keeping birds! Will post some pictures soon! I guess Love Birds can have very different temperments - and this one is sweet, doesn't bite hard and loves the kids. He likes Rod though most, I think. So, I'm glad and thankful that it looks like he's going to be a good fit for our family :D

Well, Happy New Year & hopefully, I'll post again soon!

No comments: