Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Surprise for Shawna!

(Mathbook cake for Shawna, 7-10-09)
Last night we threw a surprise birthday party for Shawna. I think we actually got her! The look on her face when she opened the door was a good one. Everyone yelling "surprise" actually made me jump ~ it was so loud!

Branden & Katie had some neat ideas for the party ~ which I really loved. Rod & I made a math victorian cake ~ see photo.

(Shawna, when she came in 7-10-09)
We actually brought our camera to take pictures & B brought their photo printer and Kevin & Kirsten printed the pictures on the spot. Someone is going to take the photos and scrapbook the party ~ neat idea. Rod got family shots of everyone that came.


We all brought a chocolate dessert, so we all ate a LOT of chocolate! Many of us brought an old memory to scrap too. I chatted too much. Brought the scrapbook paper home & will make a couple of pages & take down the next time I see them. I guess I could just send them to work with Rod. LOL.

It was a fantastic party! Got to catch up with old friends and get acquainted with new ones! We were asked to make a Math cake. So we made a math book. It really did look like a book, somehow that surprised me! I made fun stuff out of gumpaste ~ an eraser, a protractor and a ruler. Rod made the pencil.


(Kirsten & Kevin ~ Scrapbooker & Photo Printer extraordinaries :D)
What was funny, is that many of us saw Shawna last weekend for the fourth of July ~ and we all had to NOT talk about our plans or do the "see you next friday" thing. That was an exercise in will!

Happy Birthday Shawna!!!

No comments: