Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 things... x4

A dear friend of mine, Steve Lambert, has a blog to encourage homeschooling families. He's so thoughtful and insightful & I love his stuff!!! He has such great perspective!

Today Steve challenged his blog readers, "Make a list of 10 things about each of your children that you feel good about or are proud of. Make a plan to tell them so. If you were raised in a negative, critical environment growing up you may need to “schedule” positive comments just as you might schedule dental appointments or dishwashing chores. Yes- it’s that important!" CLICK HERE to read the blogpost that inspired mine today!

Here goes~
Josiah(age 10 & 11.5/12 months):
1. You take such good care of your siblings.
2. You're respectful.
3. You are spontaneous.
4. You have a spirit that hears the Lord.
5. You are an encourager.
6. You will do something - the First time.
7. You have a fantastic relationship with Grandma & Granddaddy. You have earned Granddad's respect.
8. There is evidence in your life, that you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. You are a member of the Skagit Men's Garden Club - and have earned the respect of all it's members. Young and old.
10. You honor your parents in your character.

Jedediah (age 8):
1. You know how to get things done.
2. You're good at almost everything you do.
3. You are consistent.
4. You remind me of your Granddaddy ~ and that's something I LOVE.
5. Schoolwork is easy for you - I admire that.
6. You are the youngest member of the Skagit Men's Garden Club!
7. You can beat Josiah at video games :D (something, I Cannot do!)
8. You have a soft heart & a sweet spirit.
9. You believe in Jesus.
10. You are kind to those around you. You give good, heartfelt, gifts.

Jaden (age 6):
1. I love all of your expressions - no one else, has that many!
2. I love your exhuberance!
3. I love the way you look out for your little sister, Julia.
4. You are amazing with a set of Legos.
5. You can unload the dishwasher!!! At age 6!!! Amazing!!!
6. You know how to push your brothers buttons (waterfight!)
7. You really know how to talk with people!
8. You believe in the Lord.
9. You like to talk about indepth things, like your older brothers.
10. Your smile ~ makes me smile.

Julia:
1. I love your blue eyes.
2. I love your girlyness.
3. It amazes me how much people respond to your kindness~ you are treasured.
4. You are always trying to keep up with the boys.
5. You do things that are much too hard, and don't even know it.
6. You have us all wrapped around your little finger. I admit it.
7. You sing all of the time.
8. I love the fact that you twirl.
9. You have such a soft heart.
10. Your brothers are the most important things in your life.

I know, you can't tell, I really do love my kids... they are amazing gifts that God has given me. And I am thankful every day for them!

No comments: