This weekend, Saturday, we are going to take a group of 15 people over to Leavenworth to go white water rafting with YD Adventures. I am really excited about going Rafting, can't believe it's the day after tomorrow! Really wished that some of our teens were able to figure out how to pay for the trip - but we'll have a great time anyway.
Josiah has been asking me for the last two weeks, if we would ask if they would make an exception to the age rule, so that he could come with us rafting. I finally gave in - the worst thing they could say is no, right?
Well, about the time I decided to ask about them making an exception (this week), we found out that Josiah has a baseball tournament this weekend. Snafu. How do we decide??? Josiah's the size of some small adults. He's a month and a half short of 11 (the required age to be able to go Rafting...). (If I would have known the age was 11, we would have seen if we could have gone rafting later in the summer... I don't even know though, if they raft that late...) We've been planning this rafting trip 6 weeks, the tourney only 2 days...
Well, the YD Adventures leadership came back and said, yes, he could go! Completely surprising us. So we had to choose between a brand new tournament that we found out about a couple of days ago and going on a once in a lifetime trip rafting. Reality, he plays baseball daily, Rafting - never been. Who knows if we'll be able to even go next year.
Honestly, I've dreamed of this weekend since before the day he was born. I was a student leader with Youth Dynamics back in the day. It was my home, I loved our people and I love our YD Adventure trips. We went white water rafting, repelling, camping and so much more. I made friends, we went on adventures.
Rod & I were volunteers at YD for some time. Since then Rod & I have gone on the day paddling training trips a few different times since we've been married. I love to Raft. I've watched as other parents took their sons on their first river adventure & couldn't wait for my turn... I kept thinking, one day, one day... And Saturday is going to be our turn.. Seeing something come to reality brings tears to my eyes!! One of my dreams, is about to come true!!!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment