Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My bandwidth has been compromised.


(photo: Tex & Julia, June 29, Lang's Horse & Pony Farm)
Wow, didn't realize that it's been a couple of weeks since i've posted!

Since we went white water rafting, a few things have happened. Baseball ended for Josiah & Jedediah. Josiah had been told when All Stars tryouts were, but we decided not to have him play. A day or so later, Coach Mike called asking if Josiah could play ~ they didn't have enough boys. Fine. Lesson learned: Avoid tryouts = Get asked to play anyway!

So his baseball schedule got extended a couple more weeks. Jedediah's not old enough to do All Stars. The All Stars games are July 9-14. It's a double elimination tournament. I like how things are going much better this year (compared to last year~the reason that I didn't want him to play this year.)

(little video: Josiah, June 30th, All Stars practice) I've almost finished all the levels of New York in Mafia Wars on Facebook. I know, that means I've spent much too much time playing it in the last few months. It does get me the "cool" award with many teens and kids of my own. Sometimes it's just fun to have something in common with those around you. This is one of those things.

Lately, we have been working on when the kids were going to go to horsecamp at Lang's pony farm this year. They started something new this year, a Mommy & Me camp for kids under 5. Well, normally during horsecamp, I schedule Pony rides for Julia because she gets so upset she can't go & she doesn't understand that she's not old enough. So for a bit more than what I usually pay for pony rides during her brothers horsecamp week ~ I scheduled her for camp. We we re actually supposed to go a couple of weeks ago, but a friend died ~ and I wanted to go to the funeral. So we rescheduled for this week.

Needlesstosay~ Julia is having the time of her life. It's two hours in the morning, for four days. Today was day two. She's gotten to go on trail rides, trotted and learned to steer her pony "Tex." She's also helped saddle him and brush him. She says she wants to buy him and take him home. He's her "best friend." I think I'd let her fall in love with horses, if it could keep her away from boys for a few years... hmm, have some time to think about that :) I personally would love to have horses. Maybe one day that dream will come true.

Rod has once begun school again. This should be his last quarter at Skagit. Today he was excited because he actually used one of the skills he's been learning ~ at work! He has about 6 weeks left of school and then he will be done with his Adobe Certification. He has one class left to take someothertime ~ they did n't offer it this quarter ~ and then he will have a Graphic Design Certificate. I'd like to see him take that last class to finish it out. I'm all about tying up lose ends.

Speaking of lose ends. I feel like i've been doing FCHM an injustice lately. We've been talking about switching from a monthly ezine to a weekly ezine ~ for awhile. There are some things in my life that has made me a crazy woman. My bandwidth has been compromised.

I've been putting them out once a month for well over a year. And, I've been putting off making the switch. Dominic had said that he would like them to go out weekly, on tuesday. So, I got our first weekly ezin e out, on a tuesday (late, but done!) and have started on the next one. We use constantcontact.com for them. It has worked out nicely ~ but it took me a bit to really figure it all out. Here is the June Ezine.

The highlight, was figuring out a banner/button for an advertiser! I used some of my photoshop skills! Now, i've seen though what Rod's been doing in Illustrator & Flash and I hope to use some of that - put to good use sometime here soon.

What am I looking forward to? This weekend for Rod is a three day weekend! He now gets holiday pay :) So, we're planning on going and getting fireworks at the reservation on the 3rd. And then planning on spending time with good friends on the 4th! Maybe this year, like last year, we'll get another cool family, professional looking photo!

No comments: