Here, MONTHS later, in April I ended up ordering them. Easy enough to order them over the phone. I ordered the packages I was planning on getting last Fall. When they arrived, I realized that I ordered the package that I wanted when we were on unemployment, not the package that we could afford since Rod's working... So, I had Rod (yah, I know, I give him some of those kinds of things & he's such a good sport about it!) call them & get it fixed.
They were more than happy to help us out. We realized that if we paid $9 more than we originally paid per kid, that we could get the CDR's with reprint & viewing licences. So, we paid the extra $9.00. I was kinda frustrated in figuring out the CD's & downloading each of the photos - but each of the kid's picutres came in Color, Black & White as well as Sepia.
I went ahead and uploaded the pics to Costco - to see if they would print correctly. And they did! So, I have photos that look like they came from Lifetouch at a fraction of the cost! Woohoo! I was a very good girl and took in the licence agreement - which basically says I can use the photos for whatever I would like... within reason. Awhile ago, when Julia was 9 months old or something, we had Sears pictures done, and they gave us 10X13 Sepias for cheap or free with package. We bought frames & put them on the wall. So when I saw that I could update the wall photos - at that size for $3.00 a kid - I ordered them from Costco. Now my beautiful 10x13 frames are updated with current photos! I never thought I'd be able to update those because of their size - so that was such a nice surprise!!! I would also not ever thought to actually order a package with reprint/display rights - but i'm thinking that I like them well enough, I could do it again next year!!!
One thing that was memorable about photos this year, was that the photographer took like 10 shots of Julia to get the right one. The last one (above) was best. Her shot was 1162 or something. Then the boys, in succession Jaden, Jedediah and Josiah each took ONE shot to get the above photos - uh, that's uheard of! And what great shots - on the first try! So their shot numbers I think were 1162, 1163, 1164 and 1165 - in order! That made reordering very easy! (Photos: 2008-2009 School Pictures by Lifetouch)

No comments:
Post a Comment