Yesterday, Josiah almost pitched the entire game! He was so excited, his team, the Defenders, won 10-4. Josiah said that he was "pitching the heat!" Since we went to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend, & Rod needed to make up work time, he wasn't able to be at the game.
I was really so proud of him! He's come a long way in his pitching since the first of the season. Interesting as it is, the team is now beginning to "get good" and they only have four games left. It was so much fun to see him striking kids out left & right.. as well as seeing him chase down a runner for a double play. As you can tell, I was so proud! Hopefully Rod'll get to see both the boys play again before their seasons are out.
It's the oddest thing, him not having the flexibility to take a day off. When Rod was at Verizon, he could just adjust the days he worked. It's also been an adjustment to him not having a day off in the middle of the week... I'm usually warn out though, but the time Saturday comes. I really liked it when he took Wednesdays & Sundays off. Maybe someday he could do that again. Microsoft doesn't work weekends - so as long as he's there he'll have them off.
He's been so busy the last couple of weeks. Which is one reason you haven't seen me blog... I've been trying to help him do background stuff related to school so that he can get his schoolwork done or trying to keep kids quiet. Before last week, Rod's been spending about 2 hours per night & 8 hours Sat/Sun to get his schoolwork done. Apparently, this quarter, it wasn't enough. Last friday he had his first real due date in two classes & in one week, he had about 20 assignments to finish.
Funny thing, he wasn't as stressed out about it - or at least it didn't show. I guess he didn't have the time for it. I helped keep him organized & stress ate. I wish I could help him with his schoolwork. He put his nose to the grindstone, got 4 hours of sleep a night & finished. I was a proud little wife-y! He's on the end stretch of this quarter - no more sets of assignments, pretty much just finishing up his websites for class. It'll be nice when this quarter is over. He's supposed to have one more quarter - Summer quarter.
I guess it should be "big" news: Rod's contract got extended until Feb 2010!!! We found out about the time that I miscarried. We were relieved & excited about it - but preoccupied with the obvious. So he will definitely have a job through then & after that... his contract type will either have to change so that he can stay on OR he'll end up back on unemployment.
We celebrated by going to the Great Wolf Lodge for Sun/Mon. Will blog about that next :D Although, we had it planned a few weeks ago - many, many First Class'ers from all over WA got together & GWL gave us a fantastic group rate!!
1 comment:
We LOVED Great Wolf! I just found your blog today. Someone told me I wa son facebook's top 20 blogs in Bellingham, so I decided to check it out and you were right above me. I too am a homeschool blogger!
Post a Comment