My dear husband, is taking a class. No surprise there. Well, when he signed up for this quarter's classes, we realized that for in order for him to actually get his certificates, he needs to take SOSC 113. It's a 1 or 2 credit class... When he signed up for classes, the class was full - so he put himself on the waitlist - fully expecting to NOT get into it.
A week or two later, he found out that he got in to it. Alls good, right? It's been one headache after another! We cannot find the required book for this class! What? Huh? Well, the teacher has listed "Proven Resumes" as a required text for the class. The bookstore at Skagit wasn't able to get any copies because it's out of print. OOP. Ok, so we look online. We've ordered it twice and both orders got cancelled. Apparently, it's either not on the shelf when the seller goes to ship it... (probably already sold it to someone else in Rod's class.)
How can a teacher require a book that you cannot get????
I ordered it for the third time today... we'll see how it goes. I may start calling all of the local/semi-local used bookstores to see if any of them have it. Heck, with Rod going to Redmond everyday, from Bellingham to Redmond is "semi-local."
I'm just wondering what Rod's supposed to do for his assingments in the mean time... I guess it's time to email the teacher and let him know what's going on. So irriating!
Do you have a copy? I know, it's one of your favorites, that you just cannot loan me off your own personal bookshelf. Fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment