Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Snowboarding & White Chocolate














Josiah went snowboarding today. Somehow I felt like I should have been disappointed that neither Rod or I went with him... A friend of his, from Friday school invited him and a couple of buddies to go. His dad took them. It was the first time for three of the four boys. They rented gear and took a group lesson. I was really proud of Josiah giving it his all - after all, I know how hard it can be to learn a winter sport! I skied for years!

(photo: Josiah snowboarding, Feb 25, 09. Mt. Baker. Photo by B. Knowlton) In the photo, which I just love - Jos is sporting his mom's ski jacket (I realized yesterday, He doesn't have one!), his hat was made by Grandma Nelson, the ski pants are my brother's old ski pants from when Zane was in High School and Jos has on Rod's goggles, gloves and wool socks.

Today I went and hung out at Jessie's. I took over snack food (grapes, cantaloupe and apples) which all were gone shortly after preparation. 7 kids and 2 adults can really go through the food! I asked Jessie to make me an espresso (she makes the best!) and she said she didn't have any white chocolate :( So I took her car :) which was very fun to drive and went to Dick's Restaurant supply (after a phone call to verify that they have it) to pick up 10 POUNDS of white chocolate powder! Why? Because. There is no other really good reason to purchase that much white chocolate.

I gave most of it to Jessie and took the rest home to put into a couple of small containers. Whenever i'm over, she always makes me a white chocolate mocha with peppermint or something, and it's the least I can do - to chip in on the cost of the goods. (Although she paid half.) It was $33 for the chocolate. We quickly justified that that really was only 8 or 9 full price mochas at a real espresso stand :D

No comments: