We got out of the house tonight - went to McDonalds and let the kids play in the playland. Rod played DS. I proofed an article for Heidi SJ. Just a day in the life. It was nice to get out of the house though.
Afterwards, we drove down to edgewater park to check out the water level on the dike by the reventment. It's just so cool to see when it gets that high. I literally can't think too much about all of the flooding because it tends to upset me so.
Instead of blogging I probably really should be getting things done. I really don't think that the snow was good for me last month. I didn't get the newsletter done on time, I'm behind on my reviews and i've got a "todo" list that's a mile long! Calgon take me away! Oh, that's what Rod and I did last weekend - we got away. I guess I can't hope for that to happen again too soon :)
The January newsletter I finished today. Once Polli proofs it, I'll go over to EBC to print it. Maybe I'll have Rod & Josiah go. The last month or two Rod's gone over and done it for me. It seems to take some of the work out of doing the newsletter. Polli had asked me in the beginning if I wanted someone else to copy it... but to hand it off monthly for 35 copies, just seems like it could be more work than it's worth. Most of the newsletters go out by pdf via email/link to email on the website. That saves our co-op lots of postage every year.
I just really felt in a funk when doing it this month. Couldn't get in the mood. Last month I wrote a cover article for this month, which I think I accidently deleted. So I had remembered that I had written some stuff out a month or so ago in a notebook - so I type that out. It's an article on homeschooling on a shoestring.
Things people can do to enrich their homeschooling without spending much money. It stems from our lifestyle right now.
With that being done, tomorrow i'll get back to work on the reviews!
No comments:
Post a Comment