Woke up today in pain. I have issues with my hips. When I did physical therapy for my knees last summer, my hips got better too. Apparently, I've been too lax on my pt exercises!
I have had issues with my hips ever since Rod & I first got married. Apparently weak hip muscles and physical time together don't make a good combo for Zindra. Oh, it may be other things too. I try to go to the Chiropracter, Dr. Barnett, in Stanwood about once a month. Or I did when we had good insurance. Now I only go when I "have" to, which means when i'm in a lot of pain. I had a few bouts while pregnant with each of the kids too.
After lunch, Rod called Dr. Barnett and the receptionist said when I get there, he'll get me in. So I got in the shower (even in pain, I hate to leave the house unwashed, go figure!) and got ready. We got down to the office about 2:45pm. The doctor fixed my back and neck. I guess I was really a mess. (Dad at dinner tonight made a good joke about that one :) ) Issue being that even though i'm better, it takes 24 hours or so to actually feel pain free again.
Jessie called this afternoon and said we needed to meet with them to go out to Alfy's for Alfy's cheap pizza night. Tonight was also the Skagit Men's Garden Club Banquet (when they congratulate the new SMGC president). Kids had kids club too. So Rod took us over for pizza. We all stayed for awhile and then he took Jos & Jed over to help set up tables for the Banquet and little ones over to Janet, to go to kids club. I sat at Alfy's on Ibuprofen while he ran the kids around. It's good for me to get girl time. Amanda & the girls showed up too! Good to see everyone. Good to catch up.
When Rod was done running kids around, he came and picked me up and we went to the Banquet. They served the only meat that they serve at Banquet's: Chicken. Rod and I have had some good laughs over the fact that the only meat that shows up at any banquet is Chicken.
Afterwards, Rod brought me home. I was still in pain. He swapped Josiah for Elaina and picked up Jaden & Julia. Brought them home and put them to bed.
While he was gone I rested and took a nap. Woke up in the evening and he was doing homework. He had started a fire in the insert. I love a good fire in the fireplace. Somehow it warms the heart as well as the body.
After he was done with schoolwork, we sat on the couch and watched "Lie to Me"'s premiere episode on the internet. Rod has a special way to hook the computer up to the tv so that we can watch the full episodes on the internet on our big tv. So cool that he figured that one out! Anyway, I've always been curious about lying tells, so that was a fun one to watch.
While watching it, I worked on the next FCHM ezine, that because of this whole paycheck fiasco, I haven't gotten on top of it. I only have one or two more things to adjust, and then Heidi needs to add her stuff and we can mail it out.
What I really need for the ezine, is to find more authors to write. Occasionally I ask a couple of people, and one or two are faithful in writing for us... but I really hate to ask them all of the time. That's been on my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment