We left home after lunch to finish up our last Christmas Shopping. Waiting on paychecks had caused us to wait longer than usual to finish up our Christmas shopping.
Normally, I begin buying things here and there beginning in about September, so that I don't spend a lot all at once. This didn't happen since Rod has been unemployed.
I feel oddly unprepared for Christmas. Then we have had this nutty winter weather. I have always wanted a white Christmas. A couple of times we have gotten white thanksgivings, but not a white Christmas. Not that I can remember anyway.
Since today is the first really driveable day since all of this has begun, we thought we would go finish things up. Needless to say, its been a headache. Stores are out of things we should be able to buy. Traffic is almost intolerable. It took us over a half of an hour just to get to the mall in Burlington. Normally its just over five minutes!
Cranky kids. Julia won't follow or listen in the store. In the cart she goes. Crying ensues. Jaden wasn't being his noisy self. I asked if he was feeling ok. He says yes. Then I felt his forehead, the boy has a fever!
We finished at target. Went to cold stone for a treat. We all just needed something.... I had an old gift card for cold stone, so it meant good treat at no cost. The heater was broken in the store. Cold outside, cold inside and cold ice cream.
Home next to the real fireplace soundsHood about now!
Got us all loaded up after cookies and oreo and chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Rod loves peanut butter and ice cream. Good thing they are a good combo! Got Jaden tylenol for his fever.
One more stop at pennys. Need a couple of things for my dad. I didn't really want to take everyone in after target. Jaden didn't want to go in either. I have rod my list. So we are sitting in the car, and I'm texting in a blog on my blackberry. Technology has come so far....
Jaden has my coat, heater is on high and the poor little guy is sound asleep.
Well I guess that's all for now. I'm thinking rod and the other kids should soon be done. And then we will be headed home! Tonight we put up the fake tree, normally we do real ones. And I guess ill wrap a couple of presents.
Happy Shopping to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment