Hi Everyone!
Yesterday was a hard day for me. We started out with Friday School... which went fabulously. Rod's ballistics class made marshmellow shooters... a huge hit. I made coffees for 2.5 hours.... That was fine too. It gives me a great chance to meet and greet and build relationships with the other moms. It's a good spot for me. I also see a lot of the teens in our coffee corner and it's good to build relationships with them too.
Mom has been a volunteer at Friday School this entire term. She loves it. My friends love her. One of her teeth is giving her problems and her face was pretty swolen yesterday. I told her we need to get her to the doctor... she said yah, after garretts soccer game.
Rod and I left Friday School. Went home to relax before going to Garrett's soccer game. I didn't realize it, but he's on the JV Soccer Team for Sedro Woolley High School. It's been a good experience for him the last few weeks, but I didn't realize that he was ON the team. Anyway, we got there.... Mom needed to go deposit dad's check.. so she left and was going to be back asap. It would take 10 minutes to get to the bank and back.. Anyway, Garrett's team won 45 minutes after she left, and she didn't return. We finally left and went to the bank to see where she was.. couldn't find her. So we took Garrett home... Took the kids to Janet's house, because we had a Teens Youth Night at the church that we had to be to at 7pm. Left Janet's, stopped by our house and made it to the church by 7pm. Got Youth Night started not knowing where my mom was... I was pretty freaked out by this point.
And I realize that every Youth Event we do, something happens... And I'm hoping that this is just another one of those moments... My dad called Rod's cell about 8:40 (it had been about four hours) to tell me that the police had stopped my mom. She was swerving. They took her home. After Youth Night was over at 9pm, we went and picked up her car which was at a gas station in sedro-woolley. Rod went and got Mom & Dad and took her to the ER.
I went to pick up the kids from Janets. Ended up staying and eating pizza and getting loved on... which by this point I was in serious need of.... I was so thankful that Janet was so willing to help me out by watching my kids and then watching them even longer so that I could take care of my parents... such a blessing!
Mom has a pretty bad infection in her face & mouth. They put her on antibiotics & pain meds. I guess that it was affecting her bad enough that she couldn't drive coherently.... I am glad that she got home safely. She stayed the night at Skagit Valley Hospital. She's going to stay tonight too... just because Dad & I said that it would be easier than for her to get home & then have to go back over a fever or something... She's coherent and everything now.. just still swollen with a fever. I guess we'll have to get her to a dentist to see about the bad tooth on Monday...
I'm extremely thankful that she's going to be okay & that they found her before anything *bad* could happen.
Thought i'd let you all know... she needs your prayers. For her healing... And also so that she can get into a dentist this week in a timely manner. Thanks y'all.
PS: Branden, loved the Pi blog!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment