Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

I've travelled a lot in my life. A LOT. Well I guess it was my turn. Or my fault for choosing the cheapest way to fly from Maryland to Seattle... Not that that was cheap in my opinion...

Zane and Shannon dropped me off at the airport after eating dinner at a yummy bbq place in Waldorf, MD called Famous Daves. Yah, it should be famous. Great BBQ! Rod loves pulled pork... and guess what I was eating when he text messaged me at the restaurant... poor guy!

Once I was there, no biggie, waited in airport lines before. Well it took two hours to get through. The plane that was coming to the Baltimore Airport was late, really late... probably three hours late. So that means that I would miss my connecting flight. We waited at least four hours to depart from BMI. We took off at 2am. Then we got to Vegas... and waited 5 more hours (on standby b'c there were NO seats technically available) to see if I could get a seat. I was tremendously relieved when some guy called "Nelson"....

I now know what it feels like to wait endlessly, to have no access to food... and only access to a water fountain... for four plus hours... to wait standby wondering if you're going to get on 'this' flight... to have commrodery with a lot of people (a planes worth) where you are immediate friends with everyone involved because you have this situation in common.. and I know what it feels like to try to maintain a good attitude (I don't know if positive would be the right word) despite the sitation...

I don't know how many times on TV that i've seen people waiting, their flights delayed or cancelled and wondering if they were really making a bigger deal of it than it was. It's crazy to think of how many people were affected by a dumb late plane. All of the people on the plane (plenty of children) and those who pick them up....

But because I was able to get on the earliest flight (9:30 am) to Seattle, Rod was able to come down an pick me up... I really wanted to see him... Anyway, i'm home!

No comments: