Today some friends and I got together at Jesse's house to start our summer "Power of a Praying Parent Group". Jesse is a military wife that I met through Friday School.. And after today I need to tell her that a huge reason that I love to see her & her family is that I ALWAYS feel better when I left than when I arrived... Do you know what I mean? She has this way of looking at the facts of life and making me laugh. She's like a great dose of Vitamin B. I may call her Vitamin J.
Anyway! So many things end for the summer... Awana, Discovery Club, Friday School... that we just thought we needed a reason to get together during this summer. I miss the gals from Friday School A LOT... and need to invite a few more to come...I may miss a few of our thursday mornings b'c of trips this summer, but otherwise... i'll be there!
We'll be reading through the book at home, discussing it in the group, and praying... hopefully alot for our kids, but also for us and our lives (which, directly affect our kids, so I guess it counts!) Today we got together and chatted and laughed and I 'got my book'... So I guess I'll be starting it this weekend when Rod and I are going down with Polli and her husband and a few others from First Class down to the First Class Auction... I guess the author from Five in a Row is going to be a guest speaker (hopefully I didn't misread something). Oh and as a sweet treat we are going to stop at the WHO convention in Puyallup on the way down! Yeehaw!
It's the greatest thing though, when you get a bunch of homeschooling kids together (today we had 11 kids) and there was no whining, no fussing, kids were taking care of each other and keeping each other busy. The only one that required ANY attention was Julia... and mainly for our cake snack and juice... I Love our homeschooling family and friends... When we get together we have great kids! (Not that they aren't great anyway!)
But I'm realling looking forward to this time together with friends. Good Association and an even better reason to get together... to focus on God and to spend time praying with one another. Hopefully this time together will be really refreshing... as well as get our hearts in the right place esp. with parenting our kiddsss. Which it's interesting how things work out, but lately (as Rod could tell you) I've been really struggling with the kids... and then Jesse says that in our time together she wants read this particular book. Coincidence? Not likely!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment